Making Sure everything is covered.
Referencing is out sourced to a specialist agency experienced in obtaining usually the following information in order to proceed with any letting:
- Confirmation of Employment and earning
- Credit search
- Character references including previous Landlords/Agents
- Previous addresses
- In certain circumstances a Guarantor may be required
- Photo ID will be required either a Passport or Driving Licence with a photograph plus proof of address such as a utility bill or bank statement etc
- The first months rent
- The equivalent of 5 Weeks rent as a security deposit (1 x week to be paid as a holding deposit and then 4 x weeks paid on or before completion)
Additional Fees and Information:
- The Landlord or their agent may charge the Tenant up to £50 inclusive of VAT in respect of their reasonable costs for any changes to the terms of the Tenancy made at the Tenant’s request, and subject to the Landlord’s or Agent’s permission.
- Property Rentals reserves its right to retain from the Holding Deposit any reasonable costs incurred where the Applicant or guarantor(s) withdraw from the agreement, has provided false or misleading information in respect of the Proposed Tenancy or fail to sign their agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within the 40 days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing)
- The tenant shall be charged the Landlord’s reasonable costs incurred in respect of lost/replacement keys where such loss is caused or permitted by the tenant.
- In respect of the tenant’s failure to pay rent within 14 days of it becoming due, the tenant will be charged a default fee at the permitted rate.
- Early Termination (Tenant’s Request): Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early (with the landlords consent), they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
Property Rentals is a member of a redress scheme provided by The Property Ombudsman.
Property Rentals is part of the National Federation of Property Professionals Client Money Protection Scheme.